Physiotherapy center in Jordan University Hospital, the strongest educational hospital in Jordan, is one of the biggest centers in Jordan. It includes several sections that are equipped with state-of-the-art technology. Over 100 patients with wide variety of pathologies and disorders are treated in this physiotherapy center daily. The hospital was interested in evaluating SCENAR device performance since it helps in obtaining effective results in a short amount of time. During the two weeks assessment period that took place in September, the following cases were treated:
NOTE! Before and after the sessions, the patients were asked to evaluate the amount of pain in a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least amount of pain and 10 being the most).
1. A 39 years old female was treated with traditional methods for her plantar fasciitis. After her last session, she was still feeling around 3/10 pain when walking. In order to cease the pain, one session of SCENAR was performed and the patient felt no pain afterwards.
2. A 45 years old female had suffered from cervical disc and severe muscle spasm in the trapezius for over 3 years. After the first SCENAR session, her pain reduced from 7/10 to no pain at all. When she came back after 2 days for the next session, 4/10 of pain returned in the same area. But the pain was localized in certain points, on which treatment was more focused during the session. After the third and final session, the patient was sensing no pain and a remarkable improvement in the range of motion during right and left rotation, flexion and extinction was noticed.
3. It is well-known that lumber disc usually causes compression in the sciatic nerve, which results in pain along the back of the leg, the calf, and the foot. All these areas of radiated pain were targeted during the treatment of a lumber disc patient and her pain reduced from 10/10 to 5/10 after the second session. 4. A 49 years old female was suffering from tibial posterior tendinitis that caused severe pain in the foot and ankle. The patient was asked to describe the amount of pain that she experiences while walking in scale from 1 to 10 but she was suffering from a massive amount of pain that she described as 10/10. After the first SCENAR session her pain reduced to 5/10. Moreover, after the third SCENAR session, she was walking pain free.
4. A 49 years old female was suffering from tibial posterior tendinitis that caused severe pain in the foot and ankle. The patient was asked to describe the amount of pain that she experiences while walking in scale from 1 to 10 but she was suffering from a massive amount of pain that she described as 10/10. After the first SCENAR session her pain reduced to 5/10. Moreover, after the third SCENAR session, she was walking pain free.
5. Sacroiliitis was causing severe pain in the back and the left hip of a 48 years old female patient that reaches to 9/10 specially while setting for a long time. After 5 sessions of traditional physiotherapy, she didn’t sense any improvement so one SCENAR session was performed and the pain directly reduced to 5/10.
6. Sacroiliitis was causing severe pain in the back and the left hip of a 48 years oldfemalepatientthat reaches to 9/10specially whilesetting for a long time. After 5 sessions of traditional physiotherapy, she didn’t sense any improvementso one SCENAR session was performed and the pain directly reduced to 5/10.
7. A 22 years old female suffered from pain in her knee which reduced from 5/10 to 0/10 after SCENAR therapy and discomfort while walking reduced from 7/10 to 3/10.
8. For 3 years in a raw, a 76 years old OA (osteoarthritis) patient suffered from a very severe pain in her knees. She also suffered from cervical disc and severe muscle spasm in the cervical area. after 5 SCENAR sessions, her pain decreased from 10/10 to 5/10 in both areas.
9. Swollen knees of a 49 years old female had caused 3 years of severe knee pain that she described as 10/10 in the pain scale especially when she flexes her leg. She had 10 sessions in another hospital but no improvement was observed. After 5 sessions in the Jordan university hospital, she was introduced to SCENAR therapy where pain, inflammation and lymphedema were targeted. After the first session the pain directly reduced from 10/10 to 5/10.
10.At the age of 19, a female patient had a nervous shock that caused weakness in all her muscles. Doctors stated that only 5% of her muscles were active. She was paralyzed for 13 years until she started stretching and reflexology sessions at the age of 32 for two months, 3 times a week, for 3 hours per session. Afterwards, she became able to straighten her back, began to stand and walk and became able to move her left hand. In September 2020, she started physiotherapy sessions in Jordan University Hospital where shockwave sessions were performed once a week for 6 weeks. Further, electromagnetic sessions were also performed once a week for 10 weeks. During these sessions the patient was also performing physical activities in the hospital’s gym. She resumed shockwave sessions in July 2021 once a week and was introduced to SCENAR in September. Just after the first session she sensed a difference so she asked to continue SCENAR sessions. The sessions were carried out daily 4 for 7 days. The patient noticed outstanding improvements that she summarized as follows:
• She is now able to come to sessions every day although she had to rest for one to two days after any effort that she makes to leave the house.
• Her pain decreased from 10/10 to 3/10 while walking, sitting and lying.
• Muscles became more active.
• Better posture and deeper sleep.
• Regained balance while walking.
• Her chronic headache almost disappeared.
• She is now able to increase the weight on the workout machines by around 3 kilograms and increase treadmill speed from 1 to 3.
These cases made a strong assertive impression in the Jordan University Hospital that SCENAR is a unique medical equipment that is excellent for tennis elbow treatment, golfer’s elbow treatment, shoulder tendinitis treatment, treatment of knee pain, cervical and lumber disc pain.
Eng. Kamelia Al-Juaidi.
Arab Engineers For Trading Medical
Equipment & supplies LLC.